Announcement – Novel Coronavirus COVID-19
Dear valued patient,
As of Wednesday 18 March 2020, the Australian government’s latest update regarding COVID-19 is that “We are going to keep Australia running. We are going to keep Australia functioning”.
We are committed to continue to serve our community, and our new and existing patients at this unprecedented time however to protect you, your family and our staff from the COVID-19 pandemic, we are following and adopting preventative measures from the Department of Health.
We kindly ask that you reschedule your appointment if you are experiencing fever, cough, shortness of breath, have returned from overseas within the last 30 days, or have been in contact with someone diagnosed with or testing for COVID-19 infection. Your privacy will be respected.
Preparing for your appointment
- To facilitate maximum Social Distancing, your next appointment may be rescheduled to minimise the number of people in the reception area at any one time. Please be punctual for your appointment and please limit to no more than one additional person accompanying the patient.
- We ask that any additional family members or friends wait outside the office.
- You will be called by one of our friendly staff a day prior to your appointment to answer pre-screening questions. These questions include
- Have you been in contact with any confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Are you currently in self-isolation or quarantine?
- Have you had any flu/cold like symptoms (fever/cough) or feel unwell?
- Have you travelled overseas in the last 4 weeks?
- Australia has one of the best standards of infection control in place, and we follow it very strictly.
- We have always used approved cleaning products and disinfection protocols for wiping all surfaces in our treatment rooms. Additionally, we use ultrasonic cleaning pressure and an autoclave to sterilise and track all our instruments and apply disposable barriers where required.
Temporary Changes In Reception Area
- We have hand sanitisers available throughout the clinic, so please ask us anytime.
- We have reduced the number of chairs in our reception area to allow for maximum spacing.
- We have removed all communal items that may be touched by multiple people throughout the day such as magazines and brochures.
- You will be asked to sanitise your hands using TGA approved alcohol based hand gel prior to be seated in the dental chair and also at the end of your appointment prior to exiting the surgery.
- Before treatment, you will be asked to use a disinfectant mouthwash (1% Hydrogen Peroxide) for 20 seconds
- Prior to each appointment, we will disinfect all surfaces that patients and staff may come in contact with. This includes but is not limited to reception counter, all door handles, EFTPOS terminal, pens and more.
At this stage, we will continue with our normal business hours. We are closely monitoring the situation as it unfolds and should there be any change, we endeavour to communicate as soon as possible.
Please follow us on social media @vineyarddentalclinic for the latest updates.
Dr. Mahmoud Metwally and Dr Wessam Atteya
Vineyard Dental Clinic