If you suffer from sleep disorders such as obstructive sleep apnoea and bruxism, a dental mouthguard might be the custom-solution you’ve been waiting for. Dental mouthguards are less invasive and highly effective. Bruxism is a medical disorder that’s also known as teeth grinding, a common phenomenon that happens during your sleep.
There are a variety of reasons why you suffer from sleep disorders. Luckily, there is a curable solution to save the health of your teeth and give you a restful night’s sleep.
The Five Reasons
Here are 5 reasons why you should consider a dental mouthguard:
- It Reduces Headaches – If you wake up with a headache, it’s more likely you haven’t had the restful night sleep you’ve wanted. Headaches are just one of the concerns that you experience with a temporomandibular disorder. However, the headaches are significantly reduced with a mouthguard.
- Less Tension of Jaw Muscles – When you grind your teeth at night, the jaw muscles tense up and grind together, causing further damage to your teeth. A dental mouthguard keeps a gap between the upper and lower teeth and keeps your jaw muscles relaxed. This is also the case with blocked airwaves whilst breathing.
- It Saves Your Teeth – Your teeth continue to degrade every night you grind your teeth at night. Unconscious grinding leads to chipped teeth, damaged fillings and wear-and-tear of the teeth. Your smile will be saved with a mouthguard.
- It Prevents Snoring – A less troubling concern but equally as important if you’re sleeping with your partner. Snoring is again an unconscious trait that is difficult to control at times. Snoring can pose an issue to your overall health. A dental mouthguard creates a gap between the jaw muscles to help clear the airwaves and help you breathe easily without obstruction.
- You Sleep Better – The fundamental reason why you should use a dental mouthguard. With a bad night’s sleep, you wake up with sore facial muscles, headaches, stress and feeling lethargic whilst undertaking your daily activity. A dental mouthguard drastically improves your sleeping pattern. Your facial muscles will relax, you’ll sleep and feel better when you wake up.
Why not click here to learn how mouthguards help with whitening teeth?
Using a dental mouthguard has many benefits which you shouldn’t ignore if you suffer from sleeping disorders. Poor sleep leads to poor overall health. A dental mouthguard is the best solution to a restful night’s sleep, a beautiful oral appearance, and a shiny smile.
Do You Have Dental Concerns?
No matter if your teeth are decayed or damaged, there are a variety of treatments that will improve the health of your teeth so your mouth can function naturally. Your overall oral health will remain positively intact. If you have considered dental implants then our dentist can guide you.
Contact Dentist Sunbury today and let us help you deliver the oral care you need.